Everyone has a spare tube and tire levers in their saddle bag, but how many of you bring along a live goldfish? Just kidding, but there are lots of things that are smart and useful additions to the kit. Here are a few things our members bring along:
- tire boot or $1 bill (for tire holes or cuts)
- patch kit and/or tubeless repair kit
- valve extender
- spare derailleur hanger (in case you drop your bike on its right side)
- inflation cartridges and applicator
- saran wrap (in case of road rash, it greatly reduces pain and bleeding)
- benedril (anti-histamine in case of bee stings)
By adding bungies on your seat rail, you can tidily fold and roll your jacket into a burrito-sized package that is completely out of your way.
Here are a few links to what the experts bring:
Ask your fellow riders what they bring and perhaps you’ll add another useful item to this list!